Join Woodside Development – Junior Accountant
Basic Job Responsibility: To contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the finance department by executing daily tasks for all affiliated Woodside companies with a strong attention to detail. This role will utilize strong accounting knowledge, time management sills and effective problem solving to ensure success.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Account Payables, includes entering payables, processing invoices, issuing checks from the appropriate entity ensuring appropriate backup for signature by an authorized manager, following up with vendors and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Accounts Receivable, including entering and posting receivables, processing payments, producing statement of accounts and account reconciliation, when required.
- Banking, processing bank deposits, including trips to the bank.
- Providing accounting assistance for Woodside-Aiken Realty, including preparing commission checks and ensuring that escrow account principles and laws are adhered to.
- Providing accounting assistance for The Village Café, including the day to day process of entering sales and petty cash receipts.
- Providing accounting assistance for the several homeowner associations managed by Woodside, including preparing and mailing monthly invoices.
- Ensuring vendor documentation, including W-9’s and evidence of insurance, is accurate and up-to-date.
- Running errands to include banking, post office and attorney offices to ensure deposits and closings are timely addressed.
- Processing employee expense reports, verifying expenses are withing the company guidelines, correcting errors, questioning abnormal expenses and entering into the finance system.
- Invoice creation and distribution when required.
- Filing and records retention.
- Assisting with Monthly and Year End tasks.
- Reception and administrative support.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance/accounting.
- Detail oriented, ability to show initiative and take responsibility.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Enhanced verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in team-oriented environment.
- Must be honest and trust worthy.
Both the Corporate Controller and Commercial Controller.