Join Our Team as a Seasonal Landscape Maintenance And Installation Technician
The CAM Company at Woodside is seeking two seasonal commercial landscapers to join the crew. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to make some extra money this summer who enjoys working with her/his hands, working outdoors, and likes having a consistent schedule. If this is you, keep reading!
· Assists with maintaining existing residential and commercial landscapes involving mowing, edging, weeding, raking, light pruning and clean up.
· Assists with the installation of new residential and commercial landscapes involving site preparation, installation of sod, plants and irrigation.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operates hand tools to maintain and install plants, trees, sod and irrigation to ensure the highest probability of successful establishment.
· Mowing lawns, edging, blowing, light pruning of shrubs
· Using a line trimmer (Weedeater) along paths, planting beds and valve boxes
· Making sure tools are properly cared for and put away at the end of the day
· Taking care of issued safety equipment: Safety glasses, hearing protection, safety vests, etc.
· Install sod in a manner consistent with lay of the land and landscape design.
· Install plants as directed with highest probability of successful establishment.
· Assist in other departments within the C.A.M. Company
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Understand and follow safety protocols as defined by operator’s manuals and supervisors.
· Knowledge of basic tools, equipment, proper techniques, skills, materials, and methods of landscape installation and maintenance.
· Be able to gain knowledge of plant identification.
· Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to safely operate tools such as shovels, rakes, rollers, blowers and other related grounds/landscape equipment.
· Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.
· Education: High school diploma or GED
· Certifications/Licenses: Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured by our company.
· Digging, standing, walking, climbing off and on equipment, squatting/kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs. multiple times per shift.
· Spends most of time outdoors, frequent exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures for several hours.
· Possible exposure to distraction/uncomfortable noise levels and vibration of body extremities.
· Arrive to work on time and ready to go.
· Maintain a positive and professional attitude while on the job.
· Be respectful and courteous to those you come in contact with.
· Wear all proper safety equipment while operating equipment.
· If unclear of task, ask supervisor to clarify.
· Check equipment fuel, oil, etc., prior to operating.
· Notify supervisor of issues with equipment.
· Drink lots of water.
· Report all accidents whether on person or property.
· Wear uniform during working hours.
· Work as a team and look out for each other
· No music while operating equipment and limit cell phone use to lunch time or emergencies
The intent of this job specification is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this specification.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $10.00 – $11.00 per hour
- landscaping: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Aiken, SC 29803 (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday